If you've never read her blog, or her facebook page, you are missing out. She's all sorts of lovable...and funny...and real...and has a voice that is sexy as hell.
Moving right along...
As with all Blogging peer awards, there are rules attached:
1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog. (check)
2. Answer seven questions. (in a minute...be patient)
3. Provide 10 random factoids about yourself. (Randomness is my favorite sport!)
4. Hand the award on to 7 deserving others. ("Deserving" is too subjective so I'm just going with 7 of my favorites.)
The Seven (non-deadly) Questions
1. What is your favorite song?
Choosing just ONE song is impossible for me. Music is a huge part of my day and different songs fit different moods. I do have two songs, however that will stop me in my tracks every single time.
Me and Bobby McGee
This is my dad's and my song. No matter where we are or what we're doing, if we hear it on the radio we call each other, hold the phone to the speaker for a minute, yell "I love you!" and then hang up.
This one just makes me laugh. A lot. Every time. It also drives my mom nuts, so I make sure I play it to her whenever I can.
2. What is your favorite dessert?
Right now it's a tie between the strawberry & cream cheese pie from the local family restaurant, and the chocolate fudge cake from Mama Maria's Italian Restaurant. The fudge cake requires a huge glass of milk to wash it down with. It also helps if you have a diabetic friend on standby just in case you go into a coma from the sugary goodness.
3. What do you do when you’re upset?
Since I'm a recovering drunk, I have to be careful with this one. If it's minor, I usually just take a timeout and sit in a quiet room for a few minutes. The Serenity Prayer helps too. Other times I will play piano until whatever is eating at me is out of my system. Usually I can find the silver lining and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
If none of that works, I plot revenge. MEGA revenge. With plot twists and shady characters, and scene changes, and wardrobe, and hair and makeup, and all the explosions I want. My imagination is my playground. Before long, my revenge play has me laughing and facebooking about it.
4. What is your favorite pet?
Dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs!
This was Rocky. I had him for all 9 years of his life. I never liked little dogs (affectionately called "kick dogs" in my family) before Rocky. He was my 2.8 pound Pomeranian that thought he was a Rottweiler.
This was my Sasha when she was just a puppy. As all puppies do, she got bigger...
Being a single mom with two active kids, our schedules changed and we couldn't give Sasha all of the love and attention we wanted to. So, I bit the bullet and did the grownup thing. I gave her to my best friend. Sasha now lives in a house that is always bustling with activity and is spoiled rotten (yet still very well behaved). She has a much better life there and I can visit her whenever I want. Win-win situation for all of us.
5. White or whole wheat?
Whole wheat most of the time. Every now and then I get the urge to have a slice of super soft white bread with a slice of Kraft cheese on it.
6. Biggest fear?
Aside from all of the normal "please don't let me screw up my kids so bad they end up on Jerry Springer" fears and every day insecurities, my biggest fear is of rabbits. Yes, RABBITS. If you didn't know that, or if you need a refresher, this is where the answers lie.
7. What is your attitude, mostly?
Even though I can get myself worked up over some pretty lame things, I generally operate in "It could always be worse" mode. I have a house, a job, healthy kids, food, water, sobriety, great friends (online and IRL), and an ex-husband I get a long with 95% of the time who is a very good dad to your daughters 97% of the time. Every time I feel like whining about something, I remember that list and realize how effing grateful I am for everything in my life.
10 ITEMS OF RANDOMNESS
- 1. I am kind of a grammar/punctuation/spelling nazi in my daily life, but since that's part of my job and I'm teaching my children the proper way to speak/write, I'm ok with that. The internets is where I let my wordy hair down and make up words and abuse commas and use the word "and" way to many times. This pleases me.
- I was once "Taken down town" by a rent-a-cop who wanted me booked for assault. My big crime? I thew a pickle slice over my head and it hit a carnival worker and stuck to his forehead. Yes, you heard it right, a pickle slice. Considering a pickle is a perishable food, I wonder if the charge would have been "Assault with a Deadly Pickle"? Who WOULDN'T love that on their record. I'm pretty sure that conviction gets you straight to the head of the class in prison. You could all be my bitches. I likes me some bitches.
- I did my first illegal drug when I was 8. I took my first drink (other than little sips) when I was 10. My daughters are now almost 8 and 9 1/2. This scares the day lights out of me.
- At any given time, you are likely find one or more of the following items in my bra - van key, cell phone, lighter, crumbs, crochet hook.
- I am the middle child in my family and play the part to a T. At least I used to. I'm much less codependent now.
- A 12-Step program has saved my life. Not everything that I post or blog about is about sobriety, but it's there. It has to be. Without it I'm dead.
- My daddy still calls me Princess.
- I had my first white hair when I was 19. I pulled it out as soon as I found it. Eventually I stopped pulling them out. I didn't want to go bald. The only saving grace is that Baby Sis (who is 6 years younger than me) started getting them when she was 16. She's 1/3 of my size, but she's got 5 times more white hair, so it evens out.
- Some of the people who are dearest to me have never met me face to face. The internet can facilitate beautiful connections that would have never happened otherwise.
- My right boob is bigger than my left.
Now I will pass the torch to the top 7 blogs I read (in no certain order):
I Want a Dumpster Baby
Reading (and chickens)
The Klonopin Chronicles
The Incompetent Hausfrau
Insane In The Mom-Brain
The Brady Bunch On Crack
The Redneck Mommy