Monday, April 23, 2012

Definitions and good fortune.

I have heard so many great things in sobriety that I hold on to and used to get me through the rough spots.  This is one I heard years ago.  Tonight I was thinking of one of my very favorite sober ladies (and Queen of the Divers) and how she always remembers where she came from and is SO grateful for every single thing in her life today.

JUSTICE is getting what you deserve,
MERCY is not getting what you deserve, and
GRACE is getting what you DON'T deserve.

Roll it around.  Read it a couple of times.  It's pretty powerful.

1 comment:

  1. She has quite a way with making one feel like they owe the universe something. I love her perspective on just about everything. And also, love your little bit about justice, mercy, and grace. So True.

    ReplyDelete